Our department of 25 faculty, 374 undergraduates, and 167 graduate students welcomes you. Established in 1867, we have a long tradition of excellence in teaching, research, and service.
The mission of the Materials Science and Engineering Alumni Association (MatSEAA) is to foster the advancement of the MatSE Department, College of Engineering, University of Illinois and its Alumni Association. Active membership is open to all alumni of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. All past officers of the MatSEAA may serve as ex-officio members of the Board. The head of the Department is also tendered this privilege. Meetings are held twice a year, in the fall and in the spring, on the campus of the University of Illinois.
The purposes of the MatSEAA are as follows:
- To offer and maintain mutually beneficial communications between the Department of Materials Science and Engineering and its alumni.
- To support and encourage the continual development of a high level of excellence in teaching, research and public service by the Materials Science and Engineering faculty.
- To encourage the continuation of the high level of creative and professional excellence which is so broadly recognized among graduates of the Department.
- To continually strive to enhance the national and international reputation of the Department and its alumni.
- To seek, through Departmental and alumni efforts, a high quality of students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- To help the Department reach out to high school students and foster their interests in the degree programs at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the University of Illinois.
President David Teter
Vice President Britt Turkot
Executive Director Cindy Brya
Geoffrey Brennecka PhD MatSE '06, Sandia National Laboratories
Martin Brotschul BS Cer '96, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Jeff Eastman BS Met '79, MS Met '82, Argonne National Laboratory
Angela Gonzales BS MatSE '07, Northwestern University, MBA student
Susan Kent MS Met '90, PhD Met '92, 3M
David Moore BS Met '89, Unified Engineering, Inc.
Atif Odeh BS Met '92, ATRONA Material Testing Lab
Howard Savage BS Met '84, MS Met '88, PhD Met '91, Cummins
Lawrence Schulz BS Cer '76, MS Cer '77, Honeywell
Robert Schwartz PhD Cer '89, University of Missouri System
David Teter BS Met '90, PhD Met '96, Los Alamos National Lab
Peter Tortorelli PhD Met '78, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Britt Turkot BS Met '90, MS Met '92, PhD MatSE '96, Intel Corporation
Jennifer Weber BS MatSE '04, Boeing
Joyce Yamamoto BS Cer '84, Medtronic
James Burk BS Met '73, MS Met '74, PhD Met '78, B.P. Exploration
Ray Capek BS Cer '58, MS Cer '59, PhD Cer '61, Candescent-retired
Charles Connors BS Cer '60, Magneco Metrel Incorporated
Russ Duttweiler BS Met '60, R&D Consulting
Howard Friedman BS Met '55, Fotofabrication Corporation-retired
Martin Kopchak BS Met '73, MS Met '76, Caterpillar
Ken Kuna BS Cer '68, MS Cer '69, University of Detroit Mercy
Keith Meyer BS Met '80, Boeing
Doug Ruhmann BS Met '64, Boeing-retired
Sheryl Tipton BS Met '80, Caterpillar-retired